Friday, January 29, 2010

Invitation to a Formal Dinner Party...

Indulge me, will you? Today was Alex's Formal Dinner Party at his teacher's home. It's difficult for me not to post dozens of pictures from the event of the season, but alas I have whittled the photos down to ten. So, yes, Alex and his classmates enjoyed a fine six course meal, practiced their manners and learned some social graces that I'm certain not even some high school students practice!





My handsome boy.





There are times when even "dress up" clothes can't hide the fact that little boys are still just little boys! :)



Each young man escorted a young lady to the table and seated her! Wow!



The sorbet was a delightful palate cleanser (so I was told)! :)



Practicing the fine art of proper dinner conversation!






What lovely young ladies and gentlemen (and a brave teacher, I might add).



Now if we can just work on this guy's table behavior and manners... :)



3 comments:

Malinda said...

A formal dinner with Mac n Cheese. Now that's my kind of formal dinner. What a cute idea.

Aunt Jennifer said...

I know adults who have yet to pick up on these skills so I am happy that the teacher has taken the time to teach manners. What a great idea! Looks like fun :)

toby said...

Believe it or not, I did leave a comment. This website doesn't like me! How handsome our young man looks! I would have loved watching the party. Way to go, Alex!
Mom (Grammy)