Friday, January 22, 2010

Happy Birthday Seranade...

The past two evenings at bedtime, Ayson has wanted to read Miss Spider's ABC. Usually he's pretty open to whatever I happen to choose for him, but the past two bedtimes it was specifically this book. It's a book about Miss Spider's creature friends preparing a surprise birthday party for her. At the end of the book Ayson and I sang the birthday song. Pretty cute if I do say so myself - the book and Ayson singing, I mean! :)



So yesterday was my birthday. After reading Miss Spider yet again, I turned off Ayson's lights and turned on his bedtime music. We sat there in the glider and rocked, just listening to the music and getting in the "sleepy" mood. Then he leaned back in my arms so he could look at me and began to sing "Happy Birthday." I admit, he may have just been inspired by the book we had just read, but I'm choosing to believe that my sweet little baby boy was singing that song just for me! Yes, I had a good birthday! :)

2 comments:

your mom said...

Sweet girl, life doesn't get any better than this. Happy Birthday, again. Mom

Malinda said...

Very sweet. I'm sure he was singing it to you! I'm glad you had a good birthday.

(We have that book too.)