Monday, January 11, 2010

Schedule Conflict...

My brown-eyed boy.



Every day I pick Alex up from school. At precisely 11:30 a.m. he and his classmates come pouring out the front doors of his school. Almost every day he and his best buddy will inevitably announce to his friend's mom and I that they're going to have a play date that very day. They seem to be in disbelief that we mom's need to be in on the planning of these play dates. So we've stepped things up a bit in this new year and are planning play dates once a week. This morning said buddy's mom and I planned a play date for the boys this Wednesday. I was quite pleased to be ahead of the game and was looking forward to sharing the news with brown eyes when the school doors opened. When the boys got out, my friend and I told them about the play date to which my child replied, "I'm sorry, that won't work out for me. I have a play date with another friend planned for that day."

Sigh.

For the record, his original play date is still on.

3 comments:

Malinda said...

It must be hard to be 6 and so popular. So many play dates, so little time...

Aunt Jennifer said...

Sooo funny! I wish sometimes I had that kind of confidence to say no and not over book myself. Very mature of him...LOL

Anonymous said...

Adorable! Mom