Monday, September 14, 2009

Happy Birthday Ayson...

It was a rainy day. But it was cheerful inside our humble abode as we prepared for Ayson's 2nd birthday. We were actually fairly organized for the vintage cowboy themed shindig and had fun getting it all together. It would've been amusing to have had some old-time western cowboy tunes for background music (I'm thinking of an old cowboy tune album that was in our house when I was a kid), but alas we settled on some regular old country. It ended up being so loud I don't think anyone would've heard the music anyway!

Cupcakes lined in a row...






...and then Mom Mathieu came to my rescue after we received a late rsvp that 9 more people would be attending! She made additional cupcakes, potato salad, and bbq meatballs to add to our bbq dinner. (Darling cupcakes below courtesy of Mom Mathieu)



After Ayson woke up from his nap he saw all of his party decorations and balloons. Oh how he wanted to play with those balloons!



Then the boys hung out in the garage with A.J. waiting for the fun to begin. Why is it that Alex looks like a little Amish boy instead of a cowboy? :)



Ayson got lots of neat presents from friends and family!



He adored his sweet little new cousin, Lucy. He'd never been around someone so little before!



Ryan and Alex



Ayson and his little buddy, Camryn.



Ayson and Cason - I've never seen two cuter cowboys! :)

No comments: