Friday, December 28, 2012

'Twas The Night Before Christmas...

Christmas Eve is my holiday.  It's one of the only special days for just our little family where we're not expected to go to someone else's house. I cherish that in a big way. So A.J. and I had been flirting with head colds for a few days before it all kicked in full-force on Christmas Eve. Really?! But as the saying goes, the show must go on! We had a busy day ahead - colds or not!

 I had not even planned our Christmas Eve dinner which I usually love to do. Instead of homemade bread and a rich, tasty stew, etc. we had the unorthodox Christmas pork ribs instead. The men were thrilled with that idea so I guess I can still call it a score for Mom!

We went to the family-friendly Christmas Eve service at our church, Pantego Bible Church, that afternoon. It was so sweet, at times amusing, but overall, thoughtful and meaningful. I absolutely love our church and the incredible programming they have for their children - we are blessed!

The boys were extra cooperative that night (all of that good behavior must have taken it's toll on Ayson because he's been a major toot since then!). After devouring their Christmas ribs they were easily off to bed giving A.J. and I an hour to get everything ready for the following morning. Being under the weather, we were both actually in bed and fully asleep by 9:30! We all managed to sleep through the rain, hail, lightning, and thunder. It's a good thing we went to bed that early because we were awakened at 6:00 a.m. exactly by two bright-eyed boys...
Christmas Eve...

No comments: