Thursday, December 27, 2012

It's That Time Of Year...

This past Friday was the beginning of Alex's Christmas break. There was only a half day of school which began with a Christmas carol sing-a-long, the Cajun version of Twas The Night Before Christmas, and ended with their classroom Christmas parties.
 Gingerbread house crafts for everyone (even Ayson got in on the action)
 Mrs. Sullivan brought gifts for the class and had them do a fun gift exchange.
 Pizza and lots of junk food makes for a good party!
 Class picture!
After school we picked up Alex's best buddy for a sleep over. They played and after dinner we took them to Hulen Park to see the Whistle Stop Christmas lights. The kiddos played for a good hour and a half at the park.  When we got back home Alex and his pal settled down in Alex's room to watch the Iron Giant on Alex's laptop.  At around 9:00 Alex frantically yells for us.  Once, then again. A.J. went to his room and then came out to tell me that Alex's bud had thrown up...everywhere.  He added, "I've never seen anything like it." So while I called the parents with the unfortunate news, A.J. began the cleaning up process. I'm thankful I got out of that one! I felt horrible for Alex's poor friend, but just as bad for Alex as he lay on his bed (continuing to watch the movie no less) with his pajama top pulled up over his nose. Thinking back on it now I start to laugh. It was not exactly how I wanted to kick off Alex's vacation, but it is that time of year.  Thankfully, none of us here got the stomach bug. We will try the sleepover one more time before school starts up and I'm hoping we'll have much better luck! 

Then the days started moving along quickly, and before we knew it it was Christmas Eve...

No comments: