Tuesday, October 20, 2009

The Great Outdoors...

For the first time in about two to three years, we ventured out in to this glorious fall weather for a little tent camping. It was so beautiful out (you have to love el nino). It reminded me of the perfect camping weather we used to have back in Wisconsin or some of the other mid-western states in which we lived when I was a kid. The boys couldn't have been better. Can you believe that?? Ayson even took a good afternoon nap! I thought our night in the tent would be smooth, and it was for the most part. Both Alex and Ayson slept pretty well. Unfortunately we only had a portable golf cart heater to keep us warm as it dipped in to the 40's overnight. A.J. and I were freezing! At least we had the boys appropriately dressed for a cold night in the tent! We survived it though...it was fun to be in the tent again...and camping in cool fall weather!

Our weekend abode, complete with kitschy lights!



My caveman makes good fire! Ooga ooga!







The boys hunting for kindling for the fire!

No comments: