Monday, August 10, 2009

A 12-Ounce Drink...

A.J.'s mom was gracious enough to invite the boys and I over for dinner Friday evening. She said she was planning on "just hot dogs on the grill" almost like she thought I might be hoping for something better. But it was absolutely perfect for two little boys. And just for the record, she had some yummy homemade potato salad, fresh homegrown tomatoes & sweet onions, corn on the cob, and a delicious dessert to boot. No complaints from any of us! The boys were a little wound up but they actually ate pretty well and worked off a lot of energy playing in the kiddie pool after dinner. And they even got to see their Aunt Jennifer & Uncle G.L. for a few minutes as well.

Saturday morning A.J.'s mom and I took the boys to the splash pad at the park in Crowley. There were already a good number of people there. Both boys got wet and had fun, but I think they always seem to do better when there isn't an overwhelming group of kids yelling and running around. Carol wrapped things up by treating us to lunch at Panda Express. All I can say is that she is a major sport. While Alex was great, Ayson was a holy terror. I was horrified at his behavior. We got the boys seated and they began with their meal. It all started out well. Ayson was eating his green beans & chicken, and fried rice...but then I brought over the 12-ounce drink that came with the kids meals. That was it. That's what did it. Ayson pushed his meal aside and was all about this drink. He would not touch his food. I tried to take his drink away for a minute or two so he would eat, and he immediately swiped his box of food, spinning it across the table to the edge where I was able to grab it before it went flying. This happened on two other occasions. I was sweating profusely by this time and my cheeks felt flushed - I just wanted to get out of there! I knew Carol was thinking the same thing! Bless her heart for putting up with the display! This is the terrible two's, right?? Thanks for spending time with us this weekend Nanny - we loved our time with you!

2 comments:

Malinda said...

We need to take AJ's Mom out to eat with Cason and Ayson both. Now that's a dinner show. We could add Cason's screaming to Ayson's food batting and have everyone staring at us again. Let's go somewhere quiet next time so we can really be a spectacle.

Shannon said...

Oh Erika, I feel for you. I can totally picture myself in your position! I have had many moments like that out in public. Not fun!