Tuesday, July 24, 2012

So It's Come To This...

Alex was a busy guy Monday afternoon. After several hours of play both inside and outside with neighbor friend, the time came for them to pick up all the toys.  I gave them ample time to pick up toys.  As I was preparing dinner, A.J. and I noticed that about 15 minutes had passed and neighbor friend was still here.  A.J. went and checked on them and they had not even begun to pick up.  He finally got them both moving, and 10 minutes later neighbor friend was out the door.  So we gathered for dinner and hurriedly got ready for day two of VBS when A.J., as he was passing Alex's room to get Ayson's shoes, mentioned that Alex's room still looked like a disaster.  Well there was no time to do anything about it just then.  But when we got back home from dropping the tikes off I headed in to Alex's room and blitzed it.  All toys that were left laying around (and there were a lot), I placed in a big tote with the accompanying sign...(special thanks to my friend Malinda for posting this idea that I copied).
As you can see, the tote is filled to the rim.  We'll see how long it takes him to notice...:)

2 comments:

Laura said...

We had to do that with our 8 year old. Thing is, she isn't interested in doing the chores to get back her stuff. Now what?!

Erika said...

You're right about that Laura. The best thing I can think of is letting Alex know that those items will be donated. His choice. We'll see how it goes and how important it ultimately is to him! :)