Mother's Day is always a weird thing for me. On one hand, it feels odd to be celebrated for something that I chose to do, that I wanted for my life. I mean accountants don't have an "accountant's day" in honor of their chosen vocation. On the other side, I think "why not?" Though rewarding, this is not an easy job, and a little honoring and celebrating doesn't seem out of order once a year. So I was celebrated as only two little boys can do. Homemade gifts made at school grace a ledge in my kitchen. And my bedroom door is decorated with a homemade poster and about four cards with sweet nothings from my sweet boys. On the actual "Mother's Day" day, we spent the afternoon at A.J.'s parent's house after church. Finally, later in the afternoon, we were able to relax - just our little family, outside on the deck in the glorious weather. Ahhh. Now that's Mother's Day...
No comments:
Post a Comment