Over the past few weeks I've been able to get my exercise groove back on. It's been awesome and I'm reminded how much better I feel after I've had a good workout. Unlike in the past where I worked out at a gym, I've been enjoying my time in the great outdoors. With company from Ayson on his bike, or occasionally with a friend, I've loved being outside and the change of scenery: the golf course, through our neighborhood, our local park's walking path, and a really great walking/biking trail in Burleson. In the past week, however, I've had some encounters (mostly due to my complete lack of paying attention to what's on the path in front of me) that took me by surprise and you would never find in a gym...
Last week as I was walking the trail in Burleson with Ayson tagging along. We were having a nice conversation and I was utterly occupied in that. Out of the blue Ayson calmly says, "Watch out!" Just as I'm about to step on a skinny three foot-ish long lime green snake. I yelped in surprise and took an exaggerated step, missing the snake by about four inches! If I had stepped on that snake...I shutter to think! That was my third encounter with snakes while working out! Not cool. Not cool!
Then today I headed out on my own through our neighborhood. I was listening to music and looking at the houses as I passed, once again completely in my own world when I took a step and the surface felt like a sizable bump. I quickly turned around to see what on earth I had stepped on and was delighted ***sarcasm!***to see I had just stepped on a dead squirrel in the middle of the road. Nice. It sent shivers up my spine and completely grossed me out.
It may be time to check out the gym again...:)
1 comment:
The dead squirrel would bother me more than the snake I think. Maybe you're just a critter magnet!
Post a Comment