Friday, February 17, 2012

Valentine's Day Spectacular...

I remembered Valentine's Day.  I picked up special cards and gift bag items to surprise the boys with when they awoke Valentine's Day morning.  We have a few Valentine's decorations in the house, and the boys spent a few hours one day doing some Valentine's Day crafts.  We were all in the mood for love.  But here's what Valentine's Day actually looked like...

It started off great, with the Valentine's gift bags for the boys.  But that's where the lovin' pretty much stopped.  A.J. awoke sick with upper respiratory gunk that had him feeling really lousy.  Still, he managed to have a lovely card for me (and one from the boys).  With the boys off to school, anxiously looking forward to their Valentine's Day parties, I had a little time to take care of some business.  See, while I got the boys loaded up with goodies in advance, I kept putting off anything for A.J. - time just got away from me.  So on Valentine's Day, I walked in to Target and approached the card section and stood their, the lone female in a sea of forgetful (or procrastinating) husbands looking for a card for my true love.  It was pretty pathetic.  I found a nice, sentimental card and headed for the check out.  Lo and behold while waiting my turn, they had Dove chocolate bars, on clearance no less.  Nothing says "I love you" like clearance Dove chocolate bars, so I sprung for two.  Nothing is too good for my man! On the way home I stopped at Sonic and picked up two Sonic Chicago dogs.  Oh, and today, three days after Valentine's Day, I finally remembered to have the boys sign their card to Daddy.  

I guess all I can say about this year's love day is we love each other every day and don't need a special holiday to make it known.  I've heard people say that before and rolled my eyes, but this year that's what I'm going with!! :)

Here's to more romance next year!

No comments: