Friday, February 3, 2012

What's Up With That Facebook??

There have been a lot of changes made to Facebook over the past few months.  A day or two ago I noticed that when I opened my FB home page, at the top they are putting "Friend" suggestions for you (how neighborly of them).  I ignored it, just another Facebook change.  But yesterday afternoon I logged on, and while there were several names of other people who shared mutual friends with me under the "Friend" suggestions, one name immediately caught my eye.  Would you believe Ayson's birth mom popped up as a friend suggestion?! We share no mutual friends, no nothing.  Where did they pull her name from? I wouldn't, fortunately, have a problem if she and I were Facebook friends as we all have an open relationship, but that's not the case with everyone.  I immediately revisited my security and privacy settings to ensure everything is as I desire.  What else can you do?  I'm curious if this is somehow connected to our use of Google Chrome? But that doesn't seem right that Google would be in cahoots with FB since they are busily working on their own social network, Google+.  Anyhoo, is that not the most bizarre thing? Makes you wonder who is seeing your name "out there" doesn't it?

No comments: