Sunday, March 10, 2013
Hey Kid, Thanks For The Memory...
Late Friday morning Ayson and I were on our way to pick up some groceries. Ayson has become quite the chatty child in the car, and was busily talking away. The grocery store is only a three mile drive, but about half way there, Ayson asked me, "Hey Mom, remember when I was three and we were going to HEB and you got a speeding ticket right there by that stoplight?" That was my very first speeding ticket ever, but he was there to witness it and has never forgotten. See, almost this exact conversation comes up at least once a month as he and I go to HEB together. We rehash why I got the ticket, etc. - it's a lesson in humility, believe me. He will never let me forget it! It's my hope however, that maybe, since he remembers it so well, he will be a vigilant and law-abiding Texas driver...unlike his mom...that one time!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment