Monday, March 11, 2013

The Creek...

I can safely say that we are all ready for spring break. And I'm afraid to admit that we're nearing the point of counting down the weeks until school is out for the summer. We usually go through an initial day or two of challenging behavior before the boys settle in to their time off, and that has been the case this time around as well. But I think we're good now...!

More than trips, vacations, busy planned activities, the boys need time to just BE. They're their best when they don't rely on having to be entertained. They play for hours together and get along fabulously. This morning, in spite of the chilly morning temperatures, the boys have been playing in one of their favorite spots - the creek on the golf course (which is closed on Mondays). They build dams, forts, explore and just let their imaginations go wild. I will admit to one mild bickering moment between the boys which just came to my attention. Apparently Ayson decided to do his "business" while they were outside but he didn't come back to the house to wash his hands afterwards. That put Alex on edge (he comes by that honestly I'm afraid!) and he began to nag Ace about it, and well, the bickering began - they're back to the important business of playing again now. Oh boys boys boys! But other than that, it's been pretty smooth sailing.
 They've created a nice sitting area where they can sit back and marvel at their special space!
 I just discovered yesterday that Ace outgrew his rain boots. As you can see, he needs a new pair, and soon!


No comments: