Thursday, January 10, 2013

It's Just An Honor To Be Nominated...

Does anyone not remember this?
Poor Susan Lucci was nominated for a "Best Actress" Emmy something like 19 times before finally winning. When she finally won though, it was pure sweetness. I daresay I got a bit weepy just watching the above video (though some might argue my emotion was PMS related). It was sort of like how we'd feel if the Chicago Cubs finally won the World Series (no knocks on the team of choice here!). Oh the emotion!

So today A.J. found out he was nominated - for the third consecutive time - for our fair city's "Citizen of the Year." I'm not exactly certain how they determine the winner of the award, but I can say that A.J. is a worthy nominee. He is very involved in the city, the county, and last year was actually nominated (and voted in to) for a seat on the North Texas Council of Governments. Admittedly, I am his biggest fan & I think he would be a relevant and worthwhile recipient. He's also the youngest of the nominees and likely not a sentimental favorite, so I don't think either of us are expecting him to get the "prize." We've actually joked that he is the Susan Lucci of the Citizen of the Year award - if nothing else, maybe he can just continue to be a nominee year after year and then when he's finally in his late 50's or 60's he'll win! When he does we'll all rise to our feet cheering wildly as he approaches the podium, misty-eyed, to finally accept his award! But for now we both know it's just an honor to be nominated!

No comments: