Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Officially Four Years...


Yesterday my littlest munchkin officially turned four years old (along with my dear mom who is slightly older than that :) ).  He had his special birthday celebration at school yesterday.  When I dropped him off, his teachers had a giant birthday crown for him - boy was he cute.  He picked yogurt-covered pretzels to share with his friends which turned out to be a big hit.  Yogurt-covered pretzels - the way to go. He had a really fun day though, and felt pretty special being the birthday boy!

So many changes for my sweet boy this fall, proving to me that he is becoming such a little boy and is no longer the baby.

He is adoring preschool and is actually thriving in the school atmosphere.  He's made a lot of friends, readily participates in class, and looks forward to going each day (his teachers actually told me this!!).  It certainly does not sound like the little tornado, and ornery boy that we see every day at home! :) Apparently some things are taking hold with him that he is learning at home - he just reserves putting it all in action for school rather than at home! Sigh.

He finally has half of his potty training down.  Number two is the most difficult but I'm holding out and trying to be patient as I clean up dirty underwear every day.  I am thrilled that we've at least got number one going where it belongs - so I'm staying positive! By this time next year, I'm confident he'll actually be fully potty trained!! :)

1 comment:

Malinda said...

Happy Birthday Ayson!!! Can you believe we have 4 year olds? Where did the time go?