Thursday, September 2, 2010

Up, Up And Away...

We spent the last Saturday in August with our friends Phillip & Malinda.  I don't know how many times I've told Malinda that being around her and their three year old, Cason, makes me feel so normal.  I see that my two are not the only moody, dramatic and crazy kids! You know, the old "misery loves company" thing - that, and knowing that they won't be too appalled by our boys "exuberance!" .  This visit all the boys were good, and they all had so much fun together.  And of course A.J. and I enjoyed company with fellow adults, surprisingly with very few interruptions...compared to our typical at-home conversations anyway.


Toward the end of our evening there, Phillip, A.J. and Alex emerged from the garage with a fine looking rocket.  They walked about 100 feet away from where Malinda, the boys and I were sitting, and prepared to entertain us with a launch.  Alex would yell enthusiastically when it was blast off time, and we sat on the stone wall watching as it flew really high in to the air.  It was actually a lot of fun to watch, and I could tell that Alex would've been content to do that all evening long.  I foresee a rocket for Alex and A.J. in our future!
Ayson and Cason watching the rocket.

No comments: