With Alex being born eight weeks early, A.J. and I quickly became all too familiar with the importance of infant milestones, eating well, healthy poops, gaining weight, etc. We've always had to watch Alex's eating, weight gain and everything else in the aforementioned list. Early on it was quite stressful. It seemed like Alex was always just barely or on the low side of various charts for everything - but at least he was on the charts!. And he is doing great! Monday we had his 7 year check up. I was worried about his weight because he hasn't really packed on any pounds in quite a while, and he's simply a little guy. Thankfully, because he is continuing to show steady, even growth in both the height and weight department his pediatrician was not overly concerned (and too, she is aware that A.J. is a lanky, skinny guy so he comes by some of it honestly). Over the years, we've (he and us) worked hard on everything from improving muscle tone to eating well-balanced meals while still getting good calorie intake. And I'm so glad for that!
 |
| Height: 45 1/4" (10%), Weight: 38.6# (1%), BMI: 13.2 (1%) |
|
|
|
|
As for Ayson, he is growing like a weed. His doctor asked me at one point as she witnessed his activity level, "Is he always like this?" I think the comment was accompanied with a look of pity. Sigh. Yes, he's that way quite often (A future ADHD-er?? Time will tell.). Anyhoo, here are the Ace-man's stats...
 |
| Height: 37" (80%) Weight: 31.4# (Doggone it! Now I can't remember if it's the 25% or the 50%!!) |
1 comment:
I think Sarah was actually a little bit higher on the charts in weight...maybe 5% at that point, but we are pretty close there...of course they share similar premie stories! Now, height is different...she's going to be taller than me, (Tracy's genetics kicked in there)I'm afraid! Only time will tell :) ....and darned if Ace isn't quite the cutie there!
Post a Comment