For a long time we had been wanting to visit the American Airlines CR Smith Museum. Since May I have been seeing advertisements for their Lego exhibit whenever the boys sometimes watch morning PBS Kids cartoons. It was one of those activities that I had filed in the back of my brain of fun things to do, but had never gotten around to actually doing. As luck would have it, my friend Katherine happened to text me asking if the boys and I would like to join her and the kiddos for a trip to the CR Smith Museum. Yes. Yes we would love that! The Lego exhibits were all transportation-related and were really impressive. And of course there was a good-sized "build your own" Lego creation spot where the kids spent a good deal of time. We actually did get to see the rest of the museum too - all American Airlines-related, but cool.
Why, oh why can I never take a picture in a poorly lit room with my phone and have it turn out?! This pic of all the children piled on the race car would have been darling if it wasn't so blurry!
The kids thought the inside of this plane was pretty cool. It was sort of a 1940's puddle jumper - at least that is what it reminded me of. I had to check out the bathroom in the back - it was as yucky as the modern day airline potty though Katherine and I actually thought it was a bit bigger! Score one for the 1940's! Fun stuff.




No comments:
Post a Comment