We have two giant mulberry trees in our yard. They're huge, and they produce glorious shade in summer with leaves that surpass the size of my open hand. One autumn several years ago, our oaks and crepe myrtles dropped their leaves, as the typically do, in November, but our crazy mulberry trees continued to cling on to theirs. Then, as if by magic, we awoke one day to our yard completely covered in the mulberry leaves - our trees completely bare. It literally happened overnight. We've never seen it happen since. So yesterday, Alex and I boarded our trusty minivan for the one mile trip to school, while A.J. and Ayson hung out in the yard until I got back to the homestead. When I returned and pulled in to the driveway A.J. was making a mini movie. We realized this was going to be the year! We were actually going to be able to witness the leaves dropping just like it did that one time years ago. And do you know what? They
all dropped within a period of an hour! It was raining leaves! And it was amazing! If you watch closely in the video you can see the leaves dropping.
Only an hour after the above video was taken, this is what our yard looked like - full of still green leaves!
 |
| Part of our driveway and side yard. |
 |
| This is our driveway! |
1 comment:
Ohh, I would love to see green grass right now!
Post a Comment